Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Gratitude Day 5: school & work, music

Jon: I am thankful for the opportunity to go to school and work. I really enjoy what I'm doing; the Lord has blessed me with the chance to do it and learn more about it.

Rachel: I am grateful for good music. Taylor Swifts new album just came out today. Normally I'm not much for country but I do like her. I found her right after my surgery. She pre-released some songs from her album and one was a song called "Love Story". I probably listened to that 20 times while recovering and somehow it made me happy. Other songs that make me happy and calm by listening to them: "Bubbly" by Colbie Colet and "New Soul" by Yael Naim. I love how music can pump me up to clean the house or exercise, it can make me happy when I'm sad, some classical pieces can sing the emotions that can't be put into words.

No comments: