Monday, November 24, 2008

Gratitude Day 18: America & Beautiful Earth

Jon: I am grateful to live in America. I have lived over seas for 2 years, I enjoyed it but there were things that I missed about America. As flawed as it may be, our political process is unique in the world. We enjoy so much freedom to think differently and believe differently. We enjoy a high level of safety in almost all of America. Regardless of what you think about the current status of our country, the grass isn't any greener on the other side.

Rachel: I am grateful for the beauties of the earth. There are so many beautiful things all around to see through all seasons. The quiet winter scenes- snow capped mountains, evergreens, and frozen rivers. The beauty of spring and new growth- fruit blossoms, tulips, and leaves on trees again. The beauty of long summer days- mountains to hike, lakes to swim in, birds and animals to watch. The beauty of Fall- different colored leaves that crunch under feet, golden sunsets, and my favorite is to go into the canyons around here and see all the colors.

No comments: