Sunday, November 23, 2008

Gratitude Day 17: Faith

Rachel: I am grateful for my faith. No matter what questions may arise in the world, my anchor that Christ lives and Joseph Smith saw God the Father and His Son gives me such hope and joy. I am grateful to know there is life after death and I will see my loved ones again. I am grateful to know there is right and wrong in the world. I took a class in college where the teacher tried to prove that there was no truth- just a sea of Grey. I am grateful to know that the world isn't so Grey after all, but there is black and white and it is just us that are Grey. When we follow the Savior, we find the path we need to follow for happiness and joy. There are trials, but there is also hope and perspective.

Jon: I am also grateful for my faith. Rachel said it very well already, I also find immense comfort and joy in the gospel truths. They are so simple, clear, and constant; and that is very refreshing in a world of tides and currents that run this way and that all the time.

No comments: