Saturday, November 22, 2008

Gratitude Day 16: The Internet & Adventures

Jon: The internet is a wonderful way to gather information and keep in touch. On this blog I can post pictures and stories, I can email family and friends, I can do research for all my classes, and dozens of other things.

Rachel: I am grateful for those adventurous days when nothing turns out the way you thought it should. Jon worked extra hard this week so he could have today off to do things with the family. We were going to go to a nicer restaurant in town that we've been wanting to try- but they are closed for lunch on Saturdays. We were going to get the oil changed in the car, but the line was very long and we didn't have time. We watched the BYU vs U of U football game and BYU lost. Yet with all the things that went wrong there were plenty of things that went right and I count my blessings more on days like this. We got to be together as a family through it all and laugh together at our bad fortunes. We got to take a walk together and enjoy a very warm autumn day rather than waiting for the oil change. And we had plenty of good conversation after the game.

No comments: