Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mother's Day Gift

I know it is past Mother's Day now, but I just got part of my gift yesterday and should get the other part soon depending on amazon's shipping schedule. So for Mother's Day this year I wanted an icecream maker and the book "The Perfect Scoop" by David Lebovitz which has the most delicious and creative recipes for icecream, granitas, and sorbets that you just won't find at the store. Summer of icecream here I come! The icecream maker doesn't require any ice to use which is a huge bonus. To break it in I plan on making blackberry sorbet (blackberries were .88 cents for 6 oz this last week). I am so excited!

1 comment:

Southern Spud said...

:) Happy Ice Cream Making!!!

You're reminding me that I need to find more ways to make ice cream sans cream. Sad, but true. The only recipe I have that's half decent is a fudgesicle one that uses chocolate pudding and whole milk. Maybe I just need to be brave and experiment with whole milk more. Or maybe I should just save the frustration and find some tried and true recipes instead!

We just got our first blender as a married couple. Yes, it's 7 years late, but considering its a Cuisinart, I'll forgive it. A woman is moving from a house to a studio apt in NY, so she's downgrading, and I'm upgrading. Bye, bye Hamilton Beach food processor; hello Cuisinart blender/processor in one! We had smoothies tonight to celebrate. I'm jealous about your blackberries!!!! I thought $3 for a pint was great!!! Even our u-pick strawberries are $1.35. I miss the west's food prices!