Saturday, May 08, 2010

Confessions of a food addict

Since I haven't been sick at all with this pregnancy (knock on wood) I've had a huge appetite instead. I feel like I could eat a mountain and keep going some days, but I just can't gain that much weight. I've lost 25 lbs of the weight I gained with my first baby and I'm not going to gain it all back and then some. Will power! But I have to eat. So instead of eating all the lovely processed foods that shout my name as I walk down the grocery store isles, I've been trying to get my cravings out on homebaked meals. Afterall, what is kraft macaroni and cheese to Martha Stewart's homemade Perfect Macaroni and Cheese recipe? Some things in life are a no brainer. I'm not going to turn this blog into a food blog where I document all my cooking adventures. This blog is for our family. But I will share the menu for mother's day, which is all homemade:

Lemon Sherry Chicken
Rice Pilaf
Steamed Vegetables
Parkerhouse Rolls
New York Style Cheesecake

I'm hungry just thinking about it. I hope everyones mother's day meal can be just as lovely. One thing I've noticed about homemade meals is that they are just more satisfying so I don't feel like i have to eat as much. Success!

1 comment:

Southern Spud said...

Oh, WOW, girl! I'm impressed! When I'm preg, I'm starving but have no energy, so it's breakfast cereal 5x a day! If I wanted my family eating their veggies, they had to be frozen so I could just grab them and toss them and toss them into the microwave. Anything fresh would otherwise become not quite so fresh and have to be tossed out. (Getting a little hairy there. . . .) I was so grateful when S got into a health kick near the end of my pregnancy. Fresh veggies, lovely salads, and all sorts of great goodies suddenly appeared in our fridge and on our dinner plates. He's even (GASP!!!) trying new foods. I love it!

p.s. Great job avoiding the processed stuff. That's really the way to go.