Monday, May 10, 2010

"High Risk"

For the most part, being a high risk pregnancy is just another label added to the list. Life goes on and things aren't too much different yet. Sure, the doctor doesn't want me lifting more then 10 lbs but that isn't the first time I've had that restriction put on me before. Then it all became real this last week when the doctor, not even his nurse, but the doctor called me. The first round of tests came back with a higher than normal bacterial count so I needed to immediately begin the first round of antibiotics and, if we're lucky, the last. I'm grateful they are monitoring things and doing what they can to keep things on the safe side. However, sometimes I feel like that kid in the neverending story (A-TRAY-YOU?) when he is walking by the statues that will zap him if they look in his heart and see fear. I just got to keep breathing, keep walking forward, and sometime soon I'll get past those statues unscathed and be in the safe zone of being past 24 weeks and thus to viability.

No comments: