Thursday, August 19, 2010

Another Baby Update

This week the high risk doctors did another major ultrasound to look at Lilly and make sure the stitches are still holding.

Lilly is looking good. She is right on for her date and doesn't have any developmental issues that they can see. Yeah! It was nice to know all the shots they've been giving me haven't mutated her (not that they should, I've looked up the risks, but still...). She is breach this week, but last week she was head down. Still moving around a lot. We've had three ultrasounds now that says she is a girl. That was a relief only because during the first part of the ultrasound the tech said that "he wasn't looking right way to get a good profile of the face" and then I was wondering if we had gotten it all wrong which would be really weird considering the 20 week was "100%" positive. This one was "100%" positive once the tech got to looking. Not that I have any problems with boys, but since finding out we kind of give an extra bit of personality to the baby that I would hate to change now. I have no boy names left and I'm ready to buy pink, pink, and more pink ;) It's been a while.

The stitches are looking the same as always. That is good and bad. I've figured out that why the doctors are so edgy is that I'm on the edge. They've seen things go both ways when they look like what I got now and they are unsure of how it will work for me. They can't guarantee anything so all we can do is hope. They watch things closely so they can be ready if things start to change again. If things do start to change I've been told repeatedly that I would end up in the hospital for the rest of this. One of the high risk doctors said he would put me in the hospital now if I didn't think I could do bed rest at home. I'll be a good girl! I don't like the threat of needles and bed pans. The thought sends a shiver down my spine. My biggest fear is infection. There is nothing they can do about that, and there is really nothing they can do to find out ahead of time and prevent it either. It can happen fast and change things fast and I know all to well how it works. The stitches help prevent this in a way. The more shut things remain the less likely an infection is to happen. Cross my fingers.

1 comment:

Southern Spud said...

crossin' our fingers here too! Glad she's looking good! :)