Friday, February 27, 2009

You are a delay fish

So I found myself telling my 5 year old in exasperation because no matter how early we put him to bed or wake him (or even how late), he is NEVER ready for school until 5 minutes before the bus is supposed to come which means he usually doesn't get much of a breakfast. On that day it took 35 minutes for him to get dressed, even I'm not sure how. I realized two things as this quote popped into my head. 1- I've watched way too many pixar movies, especially Finding Nemo which is my kids favorite. 2- Kids are delay fish in general. Before I had kids I remember going to a class at education week where the lady was telling everyone to plan for it to take 10 minutes to get out the door per child and 20 per infant. I didn't believe her until Jacob was born and all the sudden you needed to bring half the baby room to go anywhere and he was inevitabley hungry or blown out by the time we were ready to go out the door. Despite all that, I'm still so thankful to be a mom and have my little delay fish. Despite the fact I would be on time without them, life wouldn't be nearly so entertaining or full of color.

No comments: