Sunday, February 17, 2008

My birthday

It was my birthday last week. I had a good time for the most part. I decided to surprise Rachel and take her out on a date for my birthday/Valentine's day. I even got a babysitter, made dinner reservations and called the theater for show times. The only problem was that Macaroni Grill in Murray can't handle large crowds. It happened to also be dance night for one of the local high schools (we saw some interesting things that passed as formal dresses...), so it was busy; but I made a reservation... I had good company for the wait (it is not often that we get to talk for more than 5 minutes without being interrupted by children) so I didn't notice that we had been waiting for an hour and a half to be seated. When I asked the greeter, door person why it was taking so long, it turned out that we had been forgotten and skipped!! We couldn't stay because we had to get to a movie showing on time and get the kids. All they could say was "we're very sorry". No offers to make it up or anything.
The rest of the night was great though. We ate dinner at the theater and then saw National Treasure II, which was pretty good for a sequel.
Rachel made a great cake for me on Sunday, it was a peppermint poke cake. The recipe is on the back of one of the Betty Crocker chocolate cake mix boxes, you take a chocolate cake, poke holes in it, and pour a vanilla pudding mixed with peppermint extract over it. Frost it and put pieces of peppermint pattie on top and enjoy!

No comments: