Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Toothless

Jacob lost one of his two front teeth. This makes the third tooth that he has lost. He was not excited at all about me wanting to take a picture of this momentous occasion. He said he thought he looked silly and didn't want a picture of it.
I told him he looked cute. No improvement.
I threatened him with not calling the tooth fairy to report the missing tooth if he didn't smile. A small improvement.
Finally I pulled out the big guns. Silly quotes from books to make him forget he isn't supposed to be smiling. Our recent book has been Lizzie Bright and Buckminster Boy by Gary D. Schmidt, so I told him "Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeee yyyyyyyoooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuu ssssssssssllllllllllooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww?" That got him. The power of reading!
He told me very seriously that he won't be able to pronounce "thistle" until his tooth comes back like in the song "All I Want For Christmas is My Two Front Teeth". I'm also happy to report that he isn't shy about it anymore. It's his warrior strips for growing up.

No comments: