Wednesday, October 06, 2010

A few tidbits

I had my last high risk doctor appointment today- yeah! The baby is looking good still. I found out that an ultrasound can reveal if baby has a nice head of hair as this baby does. We are happy to have made it this far and hoping to make it another two weeks to a safer time. The doctors are still not so sure we'll make it to full term. Still on strict bed rest. Sigh....

The other day Sam was helping me out by microwaving my lunch. We have this game that we play where I'll let him pick a number in a range. When he asked me how long to cook his I told him to pick a number between 30 and 45. He came back a while later and informed me that the spaghetti was a bit "crispy" and he didn't think 30 minutes and 45 seconds was a good time to cook food at. Upon further investigation I was relieved to find out it was a relatively small disaster and something that I could easily laugh at. For future reference, spaghetti cooked that long is very dry and crispy and black but it didn't start a fire. It also will melt tupperware brand bowls a little bit but not all the way. Not enough to stick to the microwave in any case.

Yesterday Katie was talking to me while brushing my hair (she tells me that my hair looks better if she brushes it out) and some of her sentences were just not making much sense. I asked her "Do you even understand half of what comes out of your mouth?" She replies quickly "No. I don't understand most of what comes out of my mouth." Sometimes she reminds me of the babysitter on Incredibles. She's cute though anyway and very articulate. Her biggest problem is that she likes to talk for the sake of talking and sometimes she tries to say something very smart and ends up switching tracks in the middle of the sentence and saying two different things that don't make sense together.

No comments: