Friday, March 06, 2009

My first Manual D-SLR Photo

This is my first totally Manual photo I've taken with my SLR camera. I got the camera on an incredible deal on ebay (needed some minor repair work, but I still came up well on top) back in October. Afterwards, I knew I needed to learn to use it for real instead of just auto mode or program mode (sort of like auto, but you can change some of the settings if you want). I didn't want to buy a book without checking it out first so I put my name on the waiting list at the library for a book amazon recommended and finally got the book this last week after waiting 3-4 months for it. So, for those who appreciate SLR photography this picture was taken at f/5.6 with a shutter speed of 1/200 sec and I am quite proud of myself. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice work, color looks great!
I had a Rebel Xt for a few years, just sold it to save up for a 5D.
I'd suggest checking out www.ilovephotography.com
I LOVE that place. It's a wealth of info.
-Shelly