Thursday, October 30, 2008

Photographer

I was out walking with the kids the other day down in Provo Canyon. I had the camera with me and had so much fun taking pictures of the kids as they explored the nature trail (which is so gorgeous in the fall btw). I realized that I really like photography and want to get into it more. That's probably obvious from looking at the blog and seeing all the pics we take of things and than post. Somehow it makes me appreciate life more when I am looking at trying to capture it and remember it. I was recently able to find a DSLR camera for really cheap on ebay. It needed a minor repair (thus the really cheap part) that I was able to get done in town for cheap. Know I just need to get lenses (amazon gift certificates for Christmas would be greatly appreciated) and learn how to use it. What an interesting project I got myself into. I didn't realize how much there was to learn. Still I am really excited to learn it and hopefully the quality of the pics on the blog will improve too :) The pumpkin carving pics are from the new camera. I found a great online tutorial that I totally recommend to anyone that is interested in learning. Now I just need to play! The great part is that Jon likes photography too from his days on the school newspaper back in high school. So now we have a project to do together and competition to see who can take the best pictures (yes, we are both first borns).

No comments: