Sunday, June 05, 2011

Dragons

I was reading to Katie from the book Dragon Slippers by Jessica Day George (I got to meet the author yesterday btw- so much fun!- and get my book autographed!). If you love fairy tales these books are for you and my girl LOVES fairy tales. In fact, all my kids do. As the name suggests there are dragons in the book.

So at dinner today Katie says in this growly voice "I am powerful! I am a dragon with huge jagged teeth. Grrrrrrr!"
Samuel tells her "I'm not afraid of you!"
Katie: "You're not afraid of me? I am drinking lions blood (juice) and eating bears (bread and pasta and veggies) so I can be the biggest dragon of them all! Grrrrrrr!"

They then went on to all be dragons roaming the land and eating bears and drinking lions blood so they could grow to be the biggest beasts. Even Lilly was a dragon though her growl was more a fierce sticking out her tongue at you and spitting (a new habit). As they ate more and more bites of their grizzly dragon meals they started to slowly stand up on the chairs like they were growing until they were finished eating and started jumping around on the floor in this jumping jack kind of motion to signify more growth. Then they flew around the house to rescue maidens and do other noble dragon deeds.

No comments: