Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Children and reading



I finally got a decent picture of the kids together. The other one is a silly one because they insisted that if they were good they got to do a couple of silly pictures too. They are so fun!

The other day when we woke up it was really quite in the house and we figured that either they were still asleep or up to some mischief. We were pleasantly surprised to find all three of them reading books to themselves in the boy's room.

This last week I had gotten them a children's poetry book because I decided they needed some more exposure to poetry. The weather was really nice outside and I was out reading the book to Lilly while the older three were playing around the yard. Slowly they all three came up on the porch to listen to the poems and Jacob even asked to read some of the poems aloud to everyone. When I told them that I had bought them a book of poetry they started shouting for joy. I must be doing something right.

They all love reading and books. Right now their favorite stories to have me read to them are Grimm's Fairy Tales and we've been really enjoying reading them together. I'm so grateful they can have so many experiences with books and that they want those experiences.

No comments: