Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Lilly at a week



Lilly is now 1 week old. We've enjoyed having her home and beginning life with the newest member of our family. On Saturday we took her into her doctor's to have her weight gain checked and she is growing well. He noticed that she was looking a little on the yellow side so we went and had her tested for jaundice again. Her test was on the higher side but not enough to put her under lights.

Last night Lilly's sweet siblings gathered around her to oh and ah over the baby. They looked almost worshipful as they tried to get the best spots to see and hold her little hand and feet. They all adore this new little sister. Even Katie has learned to share the spotlight and is getting used to there being 2 princesses in the family now.

My recovery has been going well, especially since Lilly had some longer sleeping hours last night between feedings. I've had little pain and have to keep reminding myself not to do certain things so it stays that way. I'm really enjoying not being on bed rest anymore. I might not be able to do everything I want because of the c-sect recovery and needing to stay home to protect baby from germs, but I'm on the road to doing what I did before and that is enough for now.

The best part has been watching Jon with Lilly. He's been so supportive and wonderful through all the months of bed rest and this last week of long nights. I love watching him hold his little girl in the early morning hours and take such gentle care of her. He's a proud papa.

No comments: